Can Reality Star Kim Kardashian Finally Breathe a Sigh of Relief As Kimoji Lawsuit Draws to a Seeming End?
Reality television royalty Kim Kardashian is no stranger to conflict and controversy. In fact, she and her family have faced and survived plenty of lawsuits and legal battles before. Her most recent scuffle with a former business partner is quite a big deal though, due to the $300 million lawsuit that he’s lodged against the 38-year-old star.
Fortunately, her troubles may finally be ending.
Legal Battle Win
According to a report by The Blast, the case against Kardashian will be dropped. The lawsuit began with David Liebensohn, a former business partner of the star, sued her for allegedly stealing his ideas in relation to the Kimoji app and emojis.
This comes after Kardashian’s expression of her desire to keep the legal battle private and away from the public eye as it may possibly cause her financial harm. According to the same publication, the mother of four has also previously requested that the case be moved to arbitration or dismissed entirely. Luckily, her wish has finally been granted and she could breathe a little easier as she can keep her $300 million.
Liebensohn initially sued Kardashian earlier in the year. He was reportedly approached by the star after she saw a series of emojis he created. After that, she and a friend, Jonathan Cheban, began speaking with him about a deal where Kardashian would get 80% of the profits while Liebensohn got the remaining 20%.
Despite not agreeing on the said terms he reportedly continued speaking with the reality star with him and his partners even creating the Kimojis featuring Kardashian and her famous family. Loving the idea, she allegedly promised that they would work as a team. The two parties ended up settling for a 60/40 deal with Kardashian insisting that she be the one to file the trademarks.
Unfortunately, she reportedly terminated their deal and proceeded to launch her very own Kimojis. And so, Liebensohn sued for hundreds of millions in damages.
Kardashian’s recent legal win comes just after she received widespread backlash for another one of her business ventures. This time, the star faced heat when she revealed a new line of shapewear products under the brand name ‘Kimono’ and tried to trademark the name. As the Los Angeles Times reported, applications for a trademark on Kimono Body, Kimono World, and Kimono Intimates were filed.
Culturally, the term pertains to a traditional garment worn in Japan. Not surprisingly, a lot of Japanese people accused Kardashian of cultural appropriation and posted pictures of them wearing actual kimonos.
In the end, the star backed down and decided to change the name of her brand. She even shared footage showing the process of removing the ‘Kimono’ name from some of the already-manufactured products.
More in Legal Advice
People Saw This Fancy Appliance in Queen Elizabeth’s Living Room & Now It’s Selling Out In Stores
Way before social media influencers became a thing, Queen Elizabeth has already been an influential figure when it comes to both...August 17, 2019
‘Entourage’ Actor Kevin Dillon’s Real Fortune Just Exposed In Court–Will He Lose His Millions in the Legal Battle With His Ex-Wife?
People may be more familiar with ‘Wild Things’ actor Matt Dillon, but his younger brother Kevin Dillon has also made a...August 16, 2019
Celebrity Couple Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth Just Called Quits On Their Marriage–Here’s How Much Money Is At Stake in Their Divorce
It’s a sad day in Hollywood as another celebrity couple calls it quits. The latest casualty is the marriage of singer...August 15, 2019
Albatrosses vs. Plastics: Who Do You Think will Win the War?
One of the most deadly environmental problems we face today is the rise of plastics. Millions of tons of plastics get dumped...August 3, 2019
Is It Possible to Save Money While Getting The BEST Divorce Attorney Out There?
Finding a family representative to undergo the lengthy process of divorce isn’t only expensive, but emotionally draining too. You need an...August 3, 2019
Revealed: The Top Ten Go-to Law Schools of 2019
Graduating from Law School is a tremendous feat in itself. Not only does it require you to battle it out with...August 3, 2019
New Zealand Leads the Race to a Carbon-Neutral Future by Banning New Offshore Oil and Gas Permits
New Zealand’s Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, has come under a lot of scrutinies following her Government’s ban on all offshore oil...August 3, 2019
Stolen Laptop? This WEIRD Method Can Protect Your Data
Losing your laptop or having it stolen can be quite miserable. Not only will you experience a financial setback that will...August 3, 2019
Future US Immigrants Mandated to Hand Over Their Social Media History!
The Trump administration has announced that it plans to consider immigrants applying to come to the US hand over five years’...August 3, 2019